Friday, October 8, 2010

Fantasy Football RB Rankings Second Look

With preseason games underway and some injuries to muddle things, let's take a look at the latest fantasy football rankings in one expert's mind.


1. Chris Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Maurice Jones-Drew
4. Ray Rice
5. Frank Gore
6. Steven Jackson
7. Michael Turner
8. Ryan Grant
9. DeAngelo Williams
10. Rashard Mendenhall
11. Ryan Matthews
12. Knowshon Moreno
13. Jonathan Stewart
14. Beanie Wells
15. Jamaal Charles
16. LeSean McCoy
17. Shonn Greene
18. Matt Forte
19. Cedric Benson
20. Ronnie Brown
21. Pierre Thomas
22. Arian Foster
23. Joseph Addai
24. Clinton Portis
25. Felix Jones
26. CJ Spiller
27. Jahvid Best
28. Marion Barber
29. Justin Forsett
30. Cadillac Williams
31. Ahmad Bradshaw
32. Jerome Harrison
33. Brandon Jacobs
34. Fred Jackson
35. Ricky Williams


-The top four remain the same in standard leagues but I wouldn't argue if someone took Jones-Drew over Peterson in PPR.


-The biggest mover since my first installment was LeSean McCoy up to number 16. This kid has a ton of talent and will be one of the more exciting players in football this year. The TD's may be light due to the presence of Mike Bell and Leonard Weaver but the catches and yards that go with it will more than make up for it.


-I have seen Ryan Matthews ranked as high as number 7 which is crazy to me. The man has yet to play a down in the NFL and I would never take him as a RB 1. Matthews is in a great setting as the main back in a decent offense but dont forget the presence of Darren Sproles who will supplant him on third down, thus cutting down his opportunities.


-I still have DeAngelo Williams ranked over Jonathan Stewart but thats only because he makes more of an impact in the passing game. I still love Stewart and think he is a top RB 2.


-Jamaal Charles took a big dip to number 15 due to the news that Thomas Jones will be the starter once the season gets going. I am a big fan of Charles as I took him as my RB 1 in my money league (with Jonathan Stewart and Matt Forte my 2nd and 3rd backs) and I still think he will haev a big year but maybe not the year we all expected.


-CJ Spiller has passed Fred Jackson in the rankings due to the latter's broken hand but it is possible that Jackson gets back before the opener. If thats the case, than he will be the bPetter player to target.


-Arian Foster moves up to number 22 now that the backfield there looks less muddled with the season ending injurt to Ben Tate. I am in the dark about what Foster can really do but the playing time will be there.


-Keep an eye on Justin Forsett who can make as huge move up the board due to the fact he should get the majority of work in Seattle. Adept at catching the ball, Forsett could be a real find. I nabbed him late in my draft.


-Pierre Thomas is down to 21 with the news that the Saints are actively trying to find a goal line back. That means more TD's stolen from Thomas and thus a drop in his numbers.


That's all for now. Stay tuned for more rankings.


FOUNDER OF http://fantasysportsboss.blogspot.com/ Which details all the fantasy sports news in football and baseball. Updated multiple times a day.

0 comments:

My Fantasy Football Blog Newsletter

Contributors

Followers

Powered by Blogger.